“Takata airbags to blame for George Ranch High Sc hool student’s death; 10th in U.S.”

“Takata airbags to blame for George Ranch High School student’s death; 10th in U.S.” http://www.click2houston.com/news/driver-in-fort-bend-county-is-10th-us-death-from-takata-air-bags
“”There is no doubt that the Takata air bag inside her 2002 Honda Civic failed and fired a sharp piece of jagged metal into her throat at point-blank range, from less than two feet away,” Sheriff Troy Nehls said. “Our investigation revealed that the cause of death was blunt force trauma to the right neck area, which severed her jugular vein and carotid artery.””
This happened about three miles away from my house. I’ve never been a big fan of airbags since I wear my seat belt and force others in the car / truck to do so.
We got the wife’s 2005 Honda Civic airbag replaced last fall due to the recall. Sure am glad she did that now.
Lynn
Once upon a time on usenet Lynn McGuire wrote:

The reporter seems rather confused as to the difference between 'blunt force trauma' and 'sharp force trauma'. When something as simple as this is reported wrong one should question the credability of the whole 'article'.
--
Shaun.