Tap Tap Tapping Noise

I hope someone from this excellent group can help me with this.
I've got a 2000 civic. It's an automatic w/ about 190,000 kms on it. I had the timing belt done a few months ago. I bought it used about 4
years ago and it's been very reliable. I do the oil changes religously every 5,000 kms and did a tuneup about a year and a half ago.
I took it in to a local garage for an oil change this week. I've never used this shop before, but it's convenient and it was just an oil change. Since then I've been hearing a tapping sound from the engine after startup until it's fully warmed up. I checked the oil level and it's ok.
Wondering what the group would think might cause this. It's a deffinite metal on metal sound and increases/decreases with engine speed.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Peter H

Well an exhaust leak can sound like metal tapping also and can stop after warmed up to running temps. It also could be a lifter pumping up after it gets enough oil when the oil is heated and thinned. Wonder whether they used the proper weight oil? The oil change may have loosened some trash that got clogged into an engine oil outlet over or near the tapping lifter. Just some thoughts and not necessarily the answers.
AA
ztwoeight wrote:

To the best of my knowledge, no Honda engine uses "lifters."
JT

I knew I should have said I didn't know much about the newer 4 and 6 bangers. I do own a 1999 Honda Accord EX V6, but I only do the basic tune-up work on it. I do all the real work on my 1985 Camaro Z-28 4bbl.
AA
Peter H wrote:

There is a HONDA service bulletin that describes techs using a ballpoint pen to unwrap the plastic off the oil filter. When they poke into the hole, some cellophane goes into the filter and ends up blocking an oil passage in the engine. Plastic will never dissolve. I just searched for it but don't know where it's hiding. The 'ebscohost' instructions on this page may help you find it, or Tegger may pipe up. http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/index.html#list
I'm not saying it's your problem, tho.
'Curly'