TECH: 2001Accord SRS reset won't work

Hi all wondering if you could help me out I have a 2001 accord LX 2dr V6 I had to change out the SRS unit and of course the SRS light is on. I found the appropiate yellow connector on the right side fuse box and
jumper it. The problem is the SRS light never goes out after 6 seconds so I can complete the procedure, It just stays on. I followed the directions to the T. Jumpered connector turned the ingnition on but the light never goes out. It does have an aftermarket security system would this be causing the problem? If the SRS system has a problem you still should be able to reset it right? I mean the light may come back on but I can't get it to go off as part of the procedure....
Help please!!! Don
If the srs has a problem you won't be able to reset it. Have the codes read and find what is setting it.

If the SRS light is on, with this throw codes for the OBDII scanner?
I know you cannot reset this with the OBDII.
G-Man