tegger - catalyst q.

what brand cat did you put on your integra? and what was the fit/quality like?
looks like mine's finally given up and needs replacing after 21 years
and i'm looking at replacement options.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

Walker. Fit is lousy (details on request).
Function is just fine. So far. http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/91_integra_emissions.html Check out how NOx took a giant nose-dive with the new cat.

From what I've been able to find out, Walker's about as reputable as aftermarket comes. I also have it on good authority that /none/ of them fit properly.
Aren't you in CA? I thought CARB had restrictions on the type of cat you could install?
--
Tegger

It's BAR that issues parts restrictions, isn't it?
--
Tegger

On 04/29/2010 06:14 AM, Tegger wrote:

not sure who - all i know is that you can't buy 49 state cats here, even though it's legal to drive a 49 state vehicle here. i think some law maker's "advisor" has stock in the only [hitherto unknown] aftermarket cat manufacturer that makes compliant product.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

It's the environuts. CA is full of them. They have convinced CARB and BAR that somebody, somewhere, somewhen, is possibly emitting a molecule or three that he should not. Such an event would be highly immoral and licentious, so giving /any/ sort of slack to HC-burning private-car drivers is similarly immoral and licentious. Hence the fatwas you have in CA.
--
Tegger

Tegger wrote:

California has no monopoly on nuttiness. Here in the Austin area, (The Berkeley of the South), that same crowd is in charge. In fact they are enforcing CA emission standards even though there is no mandate whatsoever by the feds for this area.
The only escape is to have vehicles over twenty-five years of age thus the exempt status kicks in.
Thankfully, all of my Civics now fall into this category.
JT

We used to have 19-year rolling exemption, which would have made my car exempt this year. But our current communist premier (governor) eliminated the rolling exemption, so any car newer than 1989 is subject to testing in perpetuity.
--
Tegger