Terrible Radio Reception Unusual?

1995 Civic EX sedan, with roof-mounted antenna. The antenna seems kind of short fully extended, and the radio reception is the worst I've ever had. I can't just drop in a cheap Sony because I also have the 6 CD
changer in the trunk. Is this poor FM reception normal for this car? Would an identical used radio unit be better? A longer antenna?
mjc13<REMOVETHIS> wrote:

Are both AM and FM poor? Do you have a Honda alarm with keyless fob?
'Curly'
motsco_ wrote:

I haven't checked AM. No alarm system.