The Best Car in World Today

Trully the best and fastest sedan I have ever owned. Any sedan in the mid 50s that can get from 0-60 in 5.5 seconds in my book is far above
average. My 535 handles extremely well and performs every bit as well as advertised. I highly recommend this car to any one. I am a car person who has rebuilt a muscle car and owned many great cars in my 63 years. This is probably the best car in the world today.
http://autourl.org/cars/2008-bmw-5-series.html

Actually the latest Consumers Reports evaluates Honda as the best car company in the U.S. followed by Toyota and then Suburu. But, then the rest of us can't afford your BMW -- in the mid 50s. I would buy an Acura TL anyway.
Except for the fact that Honda uses leather that wears easily even when it is maintained. If you compare a 4 year old BMW/Lexus to a 4 year old Acura you'll see that the BMW/Lexus leather is almost new, and I doubt that BMW/Lexus owners are conditioning their leather.

Wow! What an egotistical statement. To think that only you know what's best.......
My criteria is: Highest MPG's possible. Highest reliability possible.
My commute is 150 miles per day. Your bimmer is of no value to me!
Boy I'm glad I've not entrusted my purchasing dollars to you!

they've become too gadgety and unreliable. gimme the 5 series from a few years back.

On the other hand for the $$ "mid-50's" you could get a G35, IS350 or V6 Accord and good used miata or S2000 for fun days. I won't argue that the 5 series is a better car but not $25K better. Exactly where (other than in the Valet line) are you going to use its capablilites in most real world driving? In the valet line you would be better served with a 7 series, LS600 or S series.

My feelings as well. I've had three 5-series BMWs, two 540i and a 530; years, 1995, 1998 and 2001.
They're great cars, but not $20-$30,000 greater than my Acura TL.

"A lack of common sense is now considered a disability,