The Stuff The Factory Uses To Prevent Acid Rain Spots

What is the stuff sprayed on Honda's and other vehicles at the factory that prevents acid rain spotting on the dealer lots, before the vehicle is sold?
It's sort of like plastic as it peels off (like "Colorforms") but it appears to be sprayed on at the factory. It is commercially available to retail customers like me? And is it expensive? I'd love to have some of that to put permanently on the roof of my SUV and to put on the hood during tree-sap season (we park under pine trees).

Sea wax?
I dunno. What is sea wax?