Thermosstat

This is probably more of a general automotive question. Yesterday, my thermostat on my 1983 Ciciv wagon seem to have quit. Fortunatly, I keep basic tools with me and I was less than two miles from a automobile parts store. So bought, and replaced, the thermostat and went about my day. My question is, had I not had acess to the part so readily could I have just removed the thermostat and driven without until I coudl have gotten the part?

Reply to
Me

For a short time, yes

Reply to
zonie

Certainly, but dont' drive it with Hondacide (tap water) in it for more than a day or two.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_ _

Me wrote in news:Xns96896C5313C21mehome@216.196.97.136:

Yes, you would have been OK for a month or so. After that time, I would have changed the oil to get rid of all the gas that would be in it.

Reply to
TeGGeR®