Throttle Body

My 2003 Civic had a check engine lite on. The honda dealer reports i need a new throttle body which will cost $400. Why did this happen and is this a normal amount to spend on something like this?

Reply to
Missy5

Missy5 wrote in news:961144_300c33936b2e02e6b9573e7c3b268b79 @autoboardz.com:

Please give the exact error code the dealer saw. There are two hundred possible codes.

Please give the symptoms that caused you to take the car in, if different from the appearance of the error code.

There are a surprising number of problems that can be mis-diagnosed as being the throttle body. Did your dealer check for TSBs?

Reply to
Tegger

Go to the page

See TSB No. 04032 and 02058. Look at the detail links.

Hope this helps.

enca939

Missy5 wrote:

enca939

Go to the page

See TSB No. 04032 and 02058. Look at the detail links.

Hope this helps.

Missy5 wrote:

enca939

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

2003;why isn't this covered under WARRANTY? I'd be calling/emailing the Honda regional rep or the factory.
Reply to
Jim Yanik