Throttle Body

My 2003 Civic had a check engine lite on. The honda dealer reports i need a new throttle body which will cost $400. Why did this happen and is this a normal amount to spend on something like this?

Please give the exact error code the dealer saw. There are two hundred possible codes.
Please give the symptoms that caused you to take the car in, if different from the appearance of the error code.
There are a surprising number of problems that can be mis-diagnosed as being the throttle body. Did your dealer check for TSBs?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Go to the page <a href="http://www.aboutautomobile.com/TSBs/2003/HONDA/CIVIC.aspx ">http://www.aboutautomobile.com/TSBs/2003/HONDA/CIVIC.aspx </a>
See TSB No. 04032 and 02058. Look at the detail links.
Hope this helps.

Go to the page http://www.aboutautomobile.com/TSBs/2003/HONDA/CIVIC.aspx
Missy5 wrote:

Go to the page http://www.aboutautomobile.com/TSBs/2003/HONDA/CIVIC.aspx
See TSB No. 04032 and 02058. Look at the detail links.
Hope this helps.
Missy5 wrote:

2003;why isn't this covered under WARRANTY? I'd be calling/emailing the Honda regional rep or the factory.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik