throttle position sensor 1990 Civic - can't remove, just replace throttle body?

Thanks for all the responses to my question earlier. I went to a junkyard and got a throttle body to replace the sensor. However, I can't get the sensor off the junker throttle body,with either a screw
extractor or having dremeled a notch in the screw. I'm not sure I can get the old one off my current throttle body either without taking the throttle body off either. So:
- can I just replace the whole throttle body? The junk part only showed 150K (it was a manual). My car has 263K (auto). This seems like it would be a lot easier/faster.
- if so, can I reuse the current throttle body gasket, or should I get a new one? They are available from the dealer.
TIA, Derek

I'd get a new gasket.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
dex3703 wrote:

the head of the shear bolt end on a little to loosen the threads. doing the t.p.s. on the car is a good deal quicker and easier than taking off the throttle body and all the plumbing, gaskets, etc.

the bolts may be frozen into the aluminum throttle body. Does PB Blaster penetrating oil work on that?
It sounds like he tried to Dremel slots for a screwdriver and sheared/rounded off what "head" was left.He may have to cut off the "heads" completely and use a ViseGrip to remove the remaining bolts.(after the TPS is out of the way)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

matters as long as it can be removed intact. the most important job is getting the old sensor off the good car. maybe i've been lucky with corrosion-free california vehicles, but i've removed 4 sensors from 2pfi 88-91 civic's using the chisel method with complete success and about 5 minutes work. refitting is easy using m5 or m6 [can't remember] machine screws.
pics of what to do here:
http://i16.tinypic.com/2gslauq.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/2rffrjs.jpg