Timing Belt

Is there anyone that could give me some info on changing a timing belt on 99 civic lx ??

--
JC

crank bolt loose (your biggest challenge) and about getting the belt on correctly (the most critical part.) I personally recommend you get the crank bolt broken loose and retightened to a normal human amount instead of a super human amount sometime before you schedule a Saturday for the rest of the job, since that is the one thing that can be a showstopper. Once you get past that hurdle, the rest is only work.
Also, I am in the faction who feels it is a good investment to replace the water pump at the same time. Others disagree - make your own decision. Ditto on replacing the crank and cam seals, and the tensioner(s) - they are expensive little devils.
Mike
crank bolt

Yup. And then you MUST make sure it's retorqued properly. A neighbor of mine had the bolt come out on his Prelude because he guessed at the correct torque.

Agree 1,000%. You're already all the way in there anyway.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
TeGGeR wrote: