timing belt adj bolt - civic?

I have the helm shop manual and it refers to the timing belt adjustment bolt after the crank is rotated to TDC. I can't see the adjusting bolt - do I have to remove the plastic timing belt shield behind the crank pulley? I am in the process of replacing the head gasket. 1994 civic lx 4 door sedan 1.5L

5 speed.
Reply to
Rocky

There should be a black plastic disc shaped cap that covers the access hole for the timing belt tensioner bolt. This should be right near the top of the crank pulley.

Eric

Reply to
Eric