timing belt adj bolt - civic?

I have the helm shop manual and it refers to the timing belt adjustment bolt after the crank is rotated to TDC. I can't see the adjusting bolt - do I
have to remove the plastic timing belt shield behind the crank pulley? I am in the process of replacing the head gasket. 1994 civic lx 4 door sedan 1.5L 5 speed.
Rocky wrote:

There should be a black plastic disc shaped cap that covers the access hole for the timing belt tensioner bolt. This should be right near the top of the crank pulley.
Eric