Timing Belt Change???

Page 2 of 2

This may be a case of "YMMV" - when my eight-year-old Prelude was totalled in 1990, a couple of months after I'd spent over $1000 on an engine rebuild, I successfully argued to my insurance company that they needed to factor in the cost of that work in determining the amount of the check they were going to cut. Once I supplied receipts, they agreed to do so, and IIRC the upward adjustment they finally settled on was a significant percentage of the amount incurred for the rebuild.
Of course, it's entirely possible that insurance companies have gotten considerably more hard-ass about this in the intervening years, and since I haven't had a total loss claim since then, I (thankfully) haven't had the opportunity to find out.