Timing belt kits?

Hey, It's time I replaced my 2002 1.7 Civic LX timing belt and was wondering where people are getting the best prices on the web for top quality parts to do the job. I'm looking for the whole nine yards.( The saying "The whole nine yards" comes from an old World War One saying when a fighter plane would land after a mission form a combat area, the ground crew would ask the pilot how much ammo is left in the gun to get it ready for the next mission and because the machine gun belt was 27 feet or nine yards the pilot would answer if he shot the whole belt "I shot the whole nine yards") The timing belt, accessory belts, water pump, tensioner and gaskets. I have a former Honda repair shop guy ready to go as soon as I get the parts in. Thanks for any advice

Reply to
Rob

The general sentiment on usenet is to stick with OEM parts from Honda. When I did my t-belt on my 98 civic, it ended up costing:

$60 for t-belt $50 for water pump with gasket $12 for A/C belt $10 for Alternator Belt $10 for P/S Belt $55 for tensioner $20 for valve cover gasket

I think that was it.... I live is canada so parts are more up here, but on SLHonda.com or Hondaautomotiveparts.com you can go to town and its a lot cheaper than the above.

Rob wrote:

Reply to
T L via CarKB.com

Thanks....Those are good sites!

Reply to
Rob

In addition to the above parts list, you may also want to consider changing the cam seal. It's cheap insurance against oil getting on the new timing belt which weakens it. I've discussed replacing the front seals before. You can find these posts at

For example,
and
Eric

Reply to