timing belt question - 1995 Honda Accord

On my 1995 Honda Accord LX, I was sure that the timing belt had been replaced, but now I can not find the receipt in the folder that I received with the car.
The car has 81,700 miles, and if her Honda dealership recommended this service to my grandmother in the time before October of 2009 when I took possession of the car, (78,000 miles at the time), then she probably had them do it, but she has no memory of it herself.
If you were in my position, what would you do to find out if the belt is 15 years old or not? I think that replacement is recommended at either 90,000 or 100,000 miles, but the age worries me if this is the original one.
The belt could have been replaced anywhere from about 4 years ago to never, hopefully I can tell the difference if it has been done some time ago, but sooner than 15 years.
Should I just take the timing belt cover off and check the belt condition? I am not sure how much work this is on a '95 Accord LX with A/T and a 4 cylinder, but it is probably not that bad.
If it does need to be replaced, I am going to use all OEM Honda parts and replace the water pump as well while it is apart.
Thanks for any and all advice!
Pat

heh,heh....
try calling her dealership and see if they still have a record of the service.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
On 7/20/2010 10:30 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:

Maybe change that "probably" to "hopefully"? :-)

I will do that, thanks!
Pat