Timing Belt....Replace by miles vs age??

Blank What is the max.life(age) of a timing belt before regular replacement is needed at est. 60,000miles.........????
Thxx............Rudy

Rudy wrote:

    What does your Owners Manual specify for your vehicle (whatever make, model and year it might be)?
Its been increasing with with newer cars. But so has the price :-(
september.org:

Year and model of vehicle?
Post-1990 models with newer round-tooth OEM Unitta belts are 105K miles or 7 years.
Older Hondas with square-tooth belts were 60K.
Aftermarket belts are a crapshoot. If you want to be certain, change those every 60K.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

My 94 Accord's manual specifies 90K miles.

That's the original interval for the timing belts that were on the market back then. Belts have been improved since 1994.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Yes.
My 96 Civic had 60K on it, but was 8 years old.
My wife's 96 Accord had 95K on it, but was 6 years old.
First come, first served.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

Patrick Swayze, now there was talent