timing belt replacement for 1987 Honda Civic

I need to know when to replace the timing belt and if the water pump should also be replaced at the same time.

Add pictures here
âś–

You just buy the car? The you should replace it NOW, unless you have iron- clad proof that the previous owner did it within the last 6Kmohbiles.,
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

I hit ENTER before I meant to.
Those last few words should have read, "within the last 60K miles".
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
: > : >> I need to know when to replace the timing belt and if the water pump : >> should also be replaced at the same time. : >> : >> : > : > : > You just buy the car? The you should replace it NOW, unless you have : > iron- clad proof that the previous owner did it within the last : > 6Kmohbiles., : : : I hit ENTER before I meant to. : : Those last few words should have read, "within the last 60K miles". : And yes, it's probably a good idea to replace the water pump at the same time, and the thermostat as well. Be sure the shop TESTS the thermostat before installing it, so they don't have to go back and replace it if it proves to be defective.
Paul, former '87 Civic owner
Add pictures here
âś–