Tire pressure - 2005 Pilot

Tires always seem to be losing pressure. I fill them to 32 psi, as recommended, then within a month or so, they're down and the remote sensor is lighting up inside the car.

standard wheels and tires for the 2005. What's up with this..? Is it a bad tire/wheel combination..?

Reply to
Larry in AZ

Bad valve, porous casting or slow leak in tire?

Reply to
News

It's common to all four tires.

Reply to
Larry in AZ

Reply to
Howard

Probably around 26 psi or so.

I've had more than 20 cars and/or SUVs. Not one has ever lost tire pressure like this Pilot.

Bah... I'll do nothing but fill the tires with air. It's a lease, and will be gone next January.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Larry in AZ

Knowing where the leak is occuring is the first step in fixing it. Take each wheel off in turn and spray it with a soap and water solution. Small bubbles will appear whereever the leak is.

For all four to leak on such a new vehicle is unusual. Makes me think valves. Perhaps the wrong stem got installed in the valves.

I have repaired many aluminum wheels for slow leaks. The leak is always caused by salt corrosion in the bead area, and usually in conjunction with a wheel that has had several tire changes (such as twice annual winter / all season switch). This is because tire change machines have a natsy habit of removing the finish on the wheel at the very edge of the flange. This creates the ideal situation for salt solution to attack the wheel. Dan

(This account is not used for email.)

Reply to
Dan Beaton