Tire Recommendations for an 01 Odyssey

I am leaning toward a set of Pirelli P3000's - anyone have anything bad to say about them? What tires do you like for this car?
Thanks, Be

Nokian WR. Fantastic tire.
On 7/25/06 5:43 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@nntp3.usenetserver.com, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"

And their closest Texas dealer is 400+ miles from me.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on the brand though.
Be

Bummer.
What year Odyssey? They make the size for my 02.
On 7/25/06 5:00 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@nntp3.usenetserver.com, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"

Be

Sorry. Stupid me.
OK, your tire size is 215-65/16? Hmmmmm....my 02 is a 225-60/16...I wonder why they changed that....
Anyway, Nokian's web site confirms that that's the size--and that they do make a WR in that size:
http://tinyurl.com/rgxfr
I have to say, I bought mine for my Lexus because I liked the idea of an all-season tire that earned the winter snowflake designation. Nokian knows winter tires.
Apparently, they also know all-season tires, because these things are stunningly capably in all conditions and stunningly quiet at all times. I have about 20K miles on mine, and they're wearing very, very well. And not once have I ever felt unsure about them, even driving to Cleveland through a snowstorm in late December.
As their blurb says:
"Only four-season family of tires that carries the Severe Service Emblem exceeding new government snow condition regulations"
I don't think that's just hot air.
(A.W.P. stands for "all weather passenger")
I love my Nokian WR. The 02 Ody is finally ready for new shoes, and that's going to be my choice.
On 7/25/06 8:36 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@nntp3.usenetserver.com, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"

company based on the different model names they gave their tires. And I was wrong - they do come in the right size for me. But the closest dealer is in Houston and I'm in Dallas.
I have placed an order for a set of Michelin Destinys with Discount Tire. They have a $50 rebate right now on them; they have excellent buyer ratings; plus I can get another $25 off because I signed up for their own credit card (plus no interest for 90 days). Even with the replacement insurance on each tire ($14.80 each) the total after rebates and including sales tax will be less than $470 - for tires that are rated to last 80K miles. Plus free rotation and balancing through the full term of ownership.
I hope Nokian will get a dealer in the Dallas area so I can get a firsthand look at their product!
Thanks for all the recommendations.
Be
BE wrote:

I am very pleased with the Yokohama AVID TRZ on my 2000 Accord - my sister-in-law had the Pirellis on her Mazda - found them quite noisy.
: I am leaning toward a set of Pirelli P3000's - anyone have anything bad to : say about them? What tires do you like for this car? : : Thanks, : Be : I put BF Goodrich Traction T/As on my '01 Ody EX last year and I've been happy with them.
Paul

road - an odd flying saucer sound.
Mike
BE wrote:

I've got Bridgestone Turanza LS-Ts on my Sienna. Excellent tire for a minivan, better than the Michelin X-One I had previously. Reasonably priced, too.
I've used and been happy with Pirelli's higher performance tires but have not been impressed with their lower-end tires.