Tire Recommendations for an 01 Odyssey

I am leaning toward a set of Pirelli P3000's - anyone have anything bad to say about them? What tires do you like for this car?

Thanks, Be

Reply to
BE

Nokian WR. Fantastic tire.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Unfortunately, they don't make the right size - 215/65/16 for the Odyssey. And their closest Texas dealer is 400+ miles from me.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on the brand though.

Be

Reply to
BE

I am very pleased with the Yokohama AVID TRZ on my 2000 Accord - my sister-in-law had the Pirellis on her Mazda - found them quite noisy.

Reply to
Accord DX 2000

Bummer.

What year Odyssey? They make the size for my 02.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I had P3000s on our Toyota for a while. They were okay but "sang" on smooth road - an odd flying saucer sound.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Mine's an O1 (see subject line)...

Be

Reply to
BE

Sorry. Stupid me.

OK, your tire size is 215-65/16? Hmmmmm....my 02 is a 225-60/16...I wonder why they changed that....

Anyway, Nokian's web site confirms that that's the size--and that they do make a WR in that size:

I have to say, I bought mine for my Lexus because I liked the idea of an all-season tire that earned the winter snowflake designation. Nokian knows winter tires.

Apparently, they also know all-seas "Only four-season family of tires that carries the Severe Service Emblem exceeding new government snow condition regulations"

I don't think that's just hot air.

(A.W.P. stands for "all weather passenger")

I love my Nokian WR. The 02 Ody is finally ready for new shoes, and that's going to be my choice.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I've got Bridgestone Turanza LS-Ts on my Sienna. Excellent tire for a minivan, better than the Michelin X-One I had previously. Reasonably priced, too.

I've used and been happy with Pirelli's higher performance tires but have not been impressed with their lower-end tires.

Reply to
ACAR

I do like what I see regarding the Nokian - they seem to be a scandinavian company based on the different model names they gave their tires. And I was wrong - they do come in the right size for me. But the closest dealer is in Houston and I'm in Dallas.

I have placed an order for a set of Michelin Destinys with Discount Tire. They have a $50 rebate right now on them; they have excellent buyer ratings; plus I can get another $25 off because I signed up for their own credit card (plus no interest for 90 days). Even with the replacement insurance on each tire ($14.80 each) the total after rebates and including sales tax will be less than $470 - for tires that are rated to last 80K miles. Plus free rotation and balancing through the full term of ownership.

I hope Nokian will get a dealer in the Dallas area so I can get a firsthand look at their product!

Thanks for all the recommendations.

Be

Reply to
BE