tire rotation cost?!

How much tire rotation does it cost (I am in Canada). Do you think Honda dealer do tire rotation only or it must be part of A, B, C, or D service plan?? thanks

newme wrote:

-------------------
Phone around. __ OR __ Pick up a second jack and do your own rotation. At least you'll know they aren't being overtorqued by some ape with air tools (appologies to all real mechanics)
'Curly'

often free where you bought the tires. i'd imagine the dealer will do "rotation only" if you ask. or as suggested elsewhere, buy jack stands and do it yourself.
Honda dealers will absolutly do it. Anyways, in my area they do. I managed to get the dealer to do it for free while doing an oil change. However I did have a big repair job done on my car with them less than 2 weeks before. But still. any garage should do it for under 10$. no more or it's stealing. But the best is to borrow a jack from someone if you don't have one and do it yourself. There really is nothing hard to it.

You'll probably get charged about $75 for a rotation and rebalance. Less than that if rebalancing is not included.
Rotations can be bought separately from any other service.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Do it yourself and you can check the state of the spare.
1. spare replaces front driver 2. front driver replaces rear driver 3. rear driver replaces front passenger 4. front passenger replaces rear passenger 5. rear passenger replaces spare at front driver 6. spare back in the trunk!
Of course this only works with non-directional tires. I'm running directional tires now and i just jack up a side at a time which lifts both tires off, I gingerly swap front to back only.

P.S. You only one need one jack to either technique. Maybe Curly's way with the second jack is in lieu of the spare from the trunk.
: How much tire rotation does it cost (I am in Canada). Do you think Honda : dealer do tire rotation only or it must be part of A, B, C, or D service : plan?? thanks : At a couple of independent shops I've dealt with in Atlanta, it costs $15 to $20, rotation only. That's U.S. dollars, of course. Not sure what the dealer charges -- he's too far away to be a practical choice for this kind of work.
Some places include "free" rotations for life as part of the purchase price.
The problem is finding a place that will torque up the lug nuts properly as part of the job.
Paul