Tires, Dunlop, Fit

Came with the new car, just under 20K miles, down to wear indicator, least mileage I can remember (OK, my memory doesn't go back to the '54 new Ford, my first car), what crap tires:-(
Gonna all be replaced by Michelins I'll have to order from the local Costco (USA), as they don't carry **any** tires for the 2011 fit)??!!

Tires aren't car specific, all you need are the right size.
On 10/30/2014 7:54 PM, Stewart wrote:

locally. I ordered four Michelins yesterday, to arrive in a few days, maybe less. The problem is the size needed, not the specificity, unfortunately.

I guess it's not a popular size. It's only a few days difference.....as long as you're not threadbare it won't make a difference other than having to make two trips. Have you ever tried Tire Rack?

What car, and what have you been doing with it!?
NSX was infamous for eating tires in 20k miles but that was supposedly a design decision and especially gummy tires, figured if you could afford an NSX tires were no problem.
I had not heard of an issue with any current Honda vehicle and tires going in 20k miles.
Actually I've been meaning to look at my Accord tires at less than 20k miles, just out of the corner of my eye the edges seemed a little funky the other day, so thanks for reminding me, but I'm guessing they're OK.
J.
On 10/30/2014 9:48 PM, JRStern wrote:

Just sedately driving my 3 year old Fit. OK, at age 81 still going strong, though! Checked the wear indicators on all 4 tires, agreed wioth my tread depth indicator of unknown origin.
On 10/30/14, 9:48 PM, JRStern wrote:

Check your tire pressures regularly and get an alignment once in a while and you won't have that problem.
--
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much
ammunition.“
On 10/31/2014 8:25 AM, Aldo Raine wrote:

Been driving cars and caring for tires for over 60 years without the above problem! The wear was not uneven but equal per the wear indicator(s) on all 4 tires