Tires for 2010 Honda Fit

Folks,

I've been using Michellin tires for many years.

Last year, I purchased a 2010 Honda Fit. They came with a set of Dunlap tires on them. According to Dunlap, I should expect to get forty thousand miles from them.

To budget to have the money to replace them, I attempted to get an estimate on a set of Michellins.

I was told that Michellin does not make a tire for the Fit. I contacted Michellin directly and they told me the same thing. I've written Michellin a letter expressing that I feel that they've let me and their other customers down in not making a tire for the increasingly popular Honda Fit.

Nor does Pirelli.

I don't want to go with brand X tires as I feel that a good set of tires is an issue of personal safety.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Atkinson

Head to tirerack.com and look at what's available and the customer reviews.

It does look like a limited selection. Only three came up as low rolling resistance, for example.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Tires aren't made for a specific car, all you need is the right size. Some sizes may have limited selections, others have literally hundreds with multiples from the same manufacturer.

Reply to
Stewart

so what is the size? if it's 175/65-15, there are loads, including michelin. if it's 185/55-16, then look to the next compatible size like

195/50-16 and you'll find loads, including michelin.

ps. it's dunlOp, not dunlap, micheLin, not michellin. searches are easier with the right magic letter combinations.

Reply to
jim beam

From Michelin's site: "Original Equipment Vehicle Size:

175/65R15 84S"; further: " Please Note

We're sorry, Michelin does not currently manufacture tires matching this vehicle's specifications. However, you may choose to view Winter tires for this vehicle. Click here to contact us with any questions."

That was for the non-sport model. I have a 2011 Fit, expect not to need any tires for at least 2 or more years. Hopefully, by then they'll have OE available. I've always used Michelin for our '04 Toyota.

Reply to
Dan Wenz

what part of "Tires aren't made for a specific car, all you need is the right size" is confusing you?

forgive me - when i saw "Tires for 2010 Honda Fit", i thought you meant you had a 2010, not a 2011. i should get my mind reading hat repaired.

i don't think you should buy michelins. or drive a fit. i think you should get a f150 and chinese rubber. that way, you'll be ignoring people on the frod group, not honda. and with luck, the chinese tires will take care of you even wasting the frod group's time too.

Reply to
jim beam

LOLz!

Reply to
News

On 10/2/2011 3:25 PM jim beam spake these words of knowledge:

Beam, the guy you replied to is not the OP. Jeez.

RFT!!! Dave Kelsen

Reply to
Dave Kelsen