Tires for 2010 Honda Fit

Folks,
    I've been using Michellin tires for many years.
    Last year, I purchased a 2010 Honda Fit. They came with a set
of Dunlap tires on them. According to Dunlap, I should expect to get forty thousand miles from them.
    To budget to have the money to replace them, I attempted to get an estimate on a set of Michellins.
    I was told that Michellin does not make a tire for the Fit. I contacted Michellin directly and they told me the same thing. I've written Michellin a letter expressing that I feel that they've let me and their other customers down in not making a tire for the increasingly popular Honda Fit.
     Nor does Pirelli.
    I don't want to go with brand X tires as I feel that a good set of tires is an issue of personal safety.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Regards,
                        Fred

Head to tirerack.com and look at what's available and the customer reviews.
It does look like a limited selection. Only three came up as low rolling resistance, for example.

Tires aren't made for a specific car, all you need is the right size. Some sizes may have limited selections, others have literally hundreds with multiples from the same manufacturer.
On 10/02/2011 05:01 AM, Fred Atkinson wrote:

so what is the size? if it's 175/65-15, there are loads, including michelin. if it's 185/55-16, then look to the next compatible size like 195/50-16 and you'll find loads, including michelin.
ps. it's dunlOp, not dunlap, micheLin, not michellin. searches are easier with the right magic letter combinations.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

On 10/2/2011 12:13 PM, jim beam wrote:

From Michelin's site: "Original Equipment Vehicle Size: 175/65R15 84S"; further: " Please Note
We're sorry, Michelin does not currently manufacture tires matching this vehicle's specifications. However, you may choose to view Winter tires for this vehicle. Click here to contact us with any questions."
That was for the non-sport model. I have a 2011 Fit, expect not to need any tires for at least 2 or more years. Hopefully, by then they'll have OE available. I've always used Michelin for our '04 Toyota.
On 10/02/2011 12:33 PM, Dan Wenz wrote:

what part of "Tires aren't made for a specific car, all you need is the right size" is confusing you?

forgive me - when i saw "Tires for 2010 Honda Fit", i thought you meant you had a 2010, not a 2011. i should get my mind reading hat repaired.

i don't think you should buy michelins. or drive a fit. i think you should get a f150 and chinese rubber. that way, you'll be ignoring people on the frod group, not honda. and with luck, the chinese tires will take care of you even wasting the frod group's time too.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

On 10/2/2011 4:25 PM, jim beam wrote:

LOLz!
On 10/2/2011 3:25 PM jim beam spake these words of knowledge:

Beam, the guy you replied to is not the OP. Jeez.
RFT!!! Dave Kelsen
--
It was just as our forefathers had envisioned; that one day, people who
had been discriminated against for their religion, or the color of their