Tires Too Large for '01 Civic

Would 205/55R-16 tires be too large(wide) for a 2001 Honda Civic Coupe ? Stock is 185/65R-15.

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:48:22 -0700, Chief_Billy wrote:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc
"Speedometer reading with non-stock tire is 1.7% too slow. When your speedo reads 60 MPH, you are actually travelling 61.0 MPH"
According to this site, sidewall is .3" lower, and tread is 20mm wider (less than 1")
Are we going for 'k00l' here, or are you looking for a performance increase?
Although, I did notice a drastic handling increase going from a 155/80-13 to a 185/60-13 on a Tercel, but that was a difference of >1".
You REALLY need to make sure it won't rub the inner sidewall on full-lock turns...
Chief snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Assuming the OD is similar your main problems would be wheel clearance when turning and how you enjoy a much harder ride.