Too much for a fit

I was serious enough to get to talking price. She came up with $19,500 for the sport with a cargo net. I pointed to a nearby 2006 Accord LX listed for $18,950. Yes, she says, but there are lots of Accords, and
few Fits. We charge over MSRP for them. Well, then let other folks pay that money for it.
I also couldn't quickly locate a bike rack for the back, and that's critical for me. So when I find out for sure that a bike rack fits the Fit, she says that she can do better. It has to be a lot better. Like $2500 to $3000.
I guess I throw some more money into my 1991 Accord and wait another year or so.
dgk wrote:

I got mine for MSRP. Go to a different dealer.
dgk wrote:

Won't the bike fit inside the Fit?
Thought that was the idea of the magic seat.
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 03:48:29 GMT, Mike Doyle

One will, though probably with the front tire removed. Two big bikes won't without getting very scratched. Plus, there is the occasional need to bring other stuff along that takes that space. No, bikes belong on the back. Surfboards belong on top.
I got a season-end new civic for $13K a year and half ago. They added a VP ugragrade without cost. I got 41 mpg on my road trip last week- just as good as a fit.

I'm thinking of the Fit because parking will be easier and because I like the way stuff, well, fits into it. Still, if I could find a Civic for $13K I'd take it. They were showing me used Civics what were $19K.

Yup stuff does indeed fit in!
As a 'small car' I love the way it easily fits 1 or 2 bikes in. Normally 2 or 3 go on the tow-bar rack though.
I don't know if the 1.4 iDSI is available in the US, but it does 50MPG for me.
I have a friend who designs stuff for luxury cars and he now sings the praises of Jazz (magic seats and build quality especially). Obviously I'm biased because I own one (and love it), but they really are great 'little' cars.
Skippy E&OE

Yup
http://www.pendle-bike.co.uk/Nulldet.asp?Rack=Wheel%20Support%20Rack
And Honda list 2 different tow bars, in the UK anyway
Skippy E&OE

which looks like the kind of thing that would be used to tow the car out of a ditch.
I found a dealer willing to sell the car for MSRP so I ordered the Sport in Blaze Orange. Now all I have to do is see if they actually get it. And I definitely have to find a bike rack, and, if I get the car within two weeks, I need that rack quickly. I'm going on vacation and the bikes have to come along.
[edit]

Well I have a Pendle 3-bike rack that attaches to a 'Genuine Honda' towbar on my UK spec Jazz/Fit. I'd hope that Honda US would get them in at some point. It's very good, no scratches, bikes in the slipstream, no hard lifting on and off. On a 500 mile trip it still managed 43MPG with 3 adults, luggage and bikes!
Good luck with your Fit. They're rather good!
Skippy E&OE