towing with 05 accord?

I'm picking up a new 05 (demo) Accord later on this week. 4cyl auto lx-g. I'd like to use it to tow a 600lb atv a few times a year to a location about
200kms/120 miles away. Surely I don't need a transmission cooler for this, do I???
That would be working that 4 banger a little hard, I'de look at the owners manual, probably says 1000lbs is ok, but you have to take into account the rest of the weight the vehicle is carrying.
I would check as to the cost of the cooler, its probably cheaper than not having a vehicle to drive while the Accord is in the tranny shop.
Tom

twfsa wrote:

check out the towing capacities for the euro hondas.
http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/newcars/specification.jsp?yearId 05&modelId410&bodyId730&bodyDescription=Saloon&engineId=&badgeId=&transmissionId=&colourId=&colourAllocationId=&wheelPartNo=&optionType=spec
1500kg for the 2.0L 4-banger. 1500kg = 3300lbs. the only reason we don't have higher rated capacities over here is that we can't be trusted to use trailers with brakes apparently, but as far as the mechanicals of the car are concerned, towing 600lbs is no problem. heck, that's just two inlaws.

Too true, friend used to tow a 1000lb caravan with his 1.4l fiat punto. I myself used to tow cars with a 1.4 litre volvo (a renault-engined 340) Plus, a friend just sent me a picture of what he's going to start towing, with either his 1.6l Jago kit-car, or his 4-seater Suzuki supercarry
http://home.alltel.net/andynoz/Liverdyne2.jpg
course, he'd put it on the trailer backwards there, when its in the other way, its actually balanced (theres no heavy load on the nosewheel as there is in this photo)

Allnews wrote:

Your car probably already has a transmission cooler built into it. Look closely at the bottom of the radiator. You should be able to find two lines going from the transmission to the radiator. This diagram is for a '93 Accord but it should go you a general idea of what to look for http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/AccordManual/400/5-66.pdf
Eric