Trailing arm squeak, bushings and lube. CRX.

88 CRX. Rear suspension dead...bouncy bouncy bouncy when pushing on hatch. Wicked squeak too. Have new non-rubber trailing arm bushings (struts, too) and have heard some jibber-jabber about ongoing squeaking with new parts like this. Thinking of using 3M Brake Lube Anti-Seize Compound (copper stuff, in can with app brush) or the Permatex equivalent I saw today. Good idea or not? Recommendations? Thx. Kevin
Reply to
Meatman

my recommendation is to revert back to original rubber bushings - urethane is notorious for exactly the problems you describe.. oem, or if you want, harder mugen rubber bushings, are available online and a quick google search will give you part numbers.

Reply to
jim beam

Let's assume I'm sticking with what I've already purchased...for better or worse. What's my best bet to minimize any squeakage? Yeah, I just made up a word. Thanks, JB and all. Kevin.

Reply to
Meatman

Meatman wrote in news:3bdceb14-5447-4c97-82e7- snipped-for-privacy@10g2000yqq.googlegroups.com:

Sil-Glyde; available everywhere.

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger, thx for the input for sure! Value your opinion, but do you or anyone have any reports or comparison to anything else? I only thought of the 3M brake lube or equivalent because the Honda dealer gave me a partial can years ago (have been using it forever!) and every time I go back to the brakes on my cars, this stuff basically never dries up or binds under the usage and heat and water that brakes are exposed to. Without the heat and with the added load, I imagined it would be perfect for suspension bushings, esp trailing arms. Any thoughts, and thanks again. Kevin.

Reply to
Meatman

Up here in the great white north we use Fluid Film spray quite alot. Excellent product.

Reply to
Clete

Any water-based silicone should be safe, stay away from spray-on stuff. Not sure what compounds are used in brake grease, but I've been told brakes and sparkplugs (or high-heat metal on metal areas under possible sliding friction) only for that stuff.

- Jason Bugler

Reply to
Jason

Alrighty. Any idea how long any of this stuff lasts? And/or for how long it is 100% effective? Thx.

Reply to
Meatman