transmission or what?

Helppppppp, i just brought a 1989 Honda Accord LXi Automatic with a rebuilt transmission. The trans was rebuilt last month and the car still has intermitent problems leaving from a stop. It revs up when I
hit the gas in drive and has a problem catching the drive gear. No problems once it gets going, in fact it shifts great once its moving. Has anyone had a similar problem?
BigRan
BigRan wrote:

Have you tried shifting it manually to see if it will drop into '1' by itself?
'Curly'
"" wrote: > BigRan wrote: > > > > Helppppppp, i just brought a 1989 Honda Accord LXi Automatic > with a > > rebuilt transmission. The trans was rebuilt last month and > the car > > still has intermitent problems leaving from a stop. It revs > up when I > > hit the gas in drive and has a problem catching the drive > gear. No > > problems once it gets going, in fact it shifts great once > its moving. > > Has anyone had a similar problem? > > > > BigRan > > > > -- > ---------------------------- > > Have you tried shifting it manually to see if it will drop > into '1' by > itself? > > 'Curly'
Yes, however when I take my foot off the gas and let it idle down and try it again it usually corrects itself. It seems its just that first gear that has problems.