transmission or what?

Helppppppp, i just brought a 1989 Honda Accord LXi Automatic with a rebuilt transmission. The trans was rebuilt last month and the car still has intermitent problems leaving from a stop. It revs up when I hit the gas in drive and has a problem catching the drive gear. No problems once it gets going, in fact it shifts great once its moving. Has anyone had a similar problem?

BigRan

Reply to
BigRan

Have you tried shifting it manually to see if it will drop into '1' by itself?

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

"" wrote: > BigRan wrote: > > > > Helppppppp, i just brought a 1989 Honda Accord LXi Automatic > with a > > rebuilt transmission. The trans was rebuilt last month and > the car > > still has intermitent problems leaving from a stop. It revs > up when I > > hit the gas in drive and has a problem catching the drive > gear. No > > problems once it gets going, in fact it shifts great once > its moving. > > Has anyone had a similar problem? > > > > BigRan > > > > -- > ---------------------------- > > Have you tried shifting it manually to see if it will drop > into '1' by > itself? > > 'Curly'

Yes, however when I take my foot off the gas and let it idle down and try it again it usually corrects itself. It seems its just that first gear that has problems.

Reply to
BigRan