Transmission Seal

Hi.

Does anyone have suggestions how to stop or reduce a transmission gasket leakage? I have noticed some leaking at the bottom of the transmission casing where the two halves join.

Thanks.

Reply to
highkm

what color is the liquid?

Reply to
jim beam

That depends on the model and year. On the manual transmission in many models there is no gasket between the two halves of the transmission case.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

The color is red. It is a 2003 Accord 4 cyl Auto. There are no mechanical complaints i.e. it shifts as it did when it was new. I am expecting a bit of leakage since the car is over 300,000Km. The leak is begining to develop at the lowest part of the transmission casing. This is not major. I am just don't want it to begin dripping on my driveway.

Reply to
highkm

It's a 2003 Accord , 4 cyl auto in excess of 300,000Km.

Reply to
highkm

you can try changing the output seals, but i doubt they're the culprit. if so, not much you can do short of a rebuild.

avoid the so-called sealing additives. just keep the fluid topped up and fresh.

Reply to
jim beam