Transmission Warranty

This might be old news but there has been a class action suit against Honda regarding transmission failure--sudden downshifting from Drive to 2nd. Agreements between the parties have been made and it is scheduled to be
legally resolved in Dec. Applies to 2000 and above--warranty extended to 93 months from purchase date or 106,000 miles (not too sure on miles, could be different but in the ball park). If you're covered you should receive notification, if you didn't contact Honda. MLD

Less than 109,000 miles as of 9-21-2006 and vehicle purchase/lease date after 11-21-98.
The transmission on my 1998 Accord failed after a mere 70k miles. Honda insisted mine was NOT covered by the extended warranty (knowing damn well it should have been!!) After 'negotiating' with them, I managed to get them to replace the tranny for a mere $1100 as opposed to the "regular" price of $4200. Car now with 110k and driving better with the new tranny than it ever did with the original one. Matthew

Have you recently submitted a claim for re-imbursement under the terms of the new suit? Might be worth $1100 to you.

Why should it have been?
Was it a 4 speed auto trans hooked to a V6 engine?

well it

The new suit only applies to 2000 and newer MLD
Yes, the 98-02 EXV6 was a 4 AT hooked to a V6. How Honda could have left the 98 and 99's off the "recall" is absurd. The 98 was the FIRST model year of that run and was prone to the same tranny probs as the 2000 and later.

Honda
You can look up details at:
http://www.hondatransmissionsettlement.com /
Thanks for the link. Mine was not covered (1998), however it shows that Honda acted in good faith by working with me in replacing the tranny in my 98.