Trouble code P0715

Hi 2 days ago in the middle of going up the hill my 96 Accord's (4 cylinders) check engine light came on, then it stoped moving but car engine still running. tow the car home and pull the code P0715 out of the car's computer. Can anyone tell (hel...p ) me: What P0715 means ? How to fix the problem ? Please don't tell me the tranny is gong! please! Thanks James

Reply to
SHUNJU HU

Problem in automatic transmission input shaft (mainshaft) speed sensor circuit

Reply to
Woody

Reply to
SHUNJU HU

transmission trouble,p=powerttrain,0=sae,7=transmission,and 15=fault designator(pinpoints troubles)

Reply to
papote7878

May and May not. You need a service manual and follow the diagnostic procedure to isolate. Get a sensor and see if it fixes it. Any drivability problems showing up?

Reply to
Woody

Reply to
SHUNJU HU