Trouble code P1739

My son's 2000 Honda Odyssey has a code of P1739. I know that it has to do with the automatic transmission but that's all I know. Can any one shed any more light on this code. The van seems to run fine and I am aware that tranny problems do exist on this vehicle. thanks for any help or info. Ivan

Reply to
Ivan & Brenda

"Ivan & Brenda" wrote in news:Of-dndqHr9vp69bYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

It's a "Problem in 3rd Clutch Pressure Switch Circuit".

Don't know your mileage, but Honda has increased the warranty on certsin automatic transmissions to 7 years or 100K miles. Yours may fall under that.

Time for a trip to the dealer, quick like a bunny. Honda will even do the warranty fixes if you're above the required mileage (on a case-by-case basis).

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Actually they extended the warranty even further this week.

For the...

2000-2001 Accord 1999-2001 Odyssey 2000-2001 Prelude 2001-2002 3.2 CL 1999-2002 3.2 TL and certain '03 3.2 CL and TL

The warranty is now 109,000 or 93 months (whichever comes first).

This is per the Class Action lawsuit RG# 03099677 notice I received in the mail this week.

Reply to
Seth