Trouble Starting 92 Honda Accord when weather is hot

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help shed some light on an issue for me. Whenever the weather is hot enough and I'm unable to find a spot parked in the shade I'm unable to start my car if the suns been shining on it
all day. I'll turn the key and it'll keep turning and turning but it'll never catch and start (occasionally I'll get lucky and it'll start). Otherwise I'm left to sit and wait until the day cools off. Most times I'll have someone come pick me up and then after the sun sets and things cool off I'll go back to my car and it will start right up. Someone suggested loosening my gas cap incase there was some kind of pressure build up. I've done that and have had no luck. Any ideas of where to go next in tracking this down?
Thank you for any help you might be able to provide!
-Jeff
Hi Jeff,
I posted a similar problem this morning and Jim Yanik was kind enough to respond. It looks like a main relay problem. Did a goggle search and got this; http://autorepair.about.com/cs/troubleshooting/l/aa010301a.htm Just returning the favour. Good luck.
Andr

Oh my god....I was just about to post the same problem. Maybe I will too, just because it can't hurt to get as much info as we can.
Kathy
thecricket wrote:

Main relay. Google the group on it.

Thank you so much for all your help. I'll be printing out these messages and the site Andre/Jeff spoke about. Maybe my mechanic will give me a medal and a break on this new bill.
thecricket wrote:

tegger.com and mark19 have excellent sites about reworking the main relay. (Google "mark19" and "main relay",he's got good pictures.)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik