TSX questions

I'm hesitant on my next car purchase. I like a small car and really don't like the two tiered dash in the Civic so that's out of the question. I really do like the 08 TSX but here in the states, it only available in leather. And the few leftovers now only have Navigation which is a waste to me because I rarely use it. The cheapest I have been offered for one is 26,500. Not owning any cars in the past with leather, I'm a bit hesitant on purchasing it. For one I do sometimes put heavy things in the back seat so I'm worried about tearing the leather/vinyl. I guess a blanket would help but not 100% sure. Also the hot and coldness of the seats may bother me, perhaps a windshield cover may help in the summer months. I don't mind conditioning it every 2-3 months, but want the leather to be pristine as it is from day one and I don't see that ever happening.

So I was looking at Acura's site in Canada and sure enough they make the base 09 model with cloth seats! Does anyone know if I could get one special ordered with cloth seats? I wouldn't mind importing one in but I don't want the speedometer to be in kilometers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
nick

If the Nav system screen is tied to the radio and Bluetooth capabilities in the car, you'll love it, even if you never use the mapping.

Reply to
Larry in AZ

I'll take a look and see if they can special order it. I don't like the new TSX as much as the older one so I may suck it up and get the leather. I'm looking for the quartz interior so hopefully it won't get as hot as the black, plus a shade in the front should help. The Accord is too big for my taste. Even the new 09 is still smaller than the 6th Gen Accord 186 vs 189.

Reply to
nick

The Accords are getting unfortunately big, I was wondering about the new TSX size. Judging from my 1999 CL, the beige leather seats were still in great shape after four years, and give a better experience than the cheap but durable fuzz in the standard Accord seats. Also I'm peeved the TSX requires (?) premium. Dang TSX is still listing at

3300+ pounds, wake up Honda!!!

J.

Reply to
JXStern

Hi, To confuse you, ever looked into a Mazda3? Up here in Canada they sell like hot cake with interest free financing. I have one Speed3 in the family. What a car!

Reply to
Tony Hwang