turbo kit on B16A

hi, i`ve just put a turbo kit on a honda civic with b16a engine.
got the chip done , but its popping etc... about 6500rpm and up. its running about 7 -8 psi.
i havent changed the injectors or the mapsensor..
is there anything else i should have done ? mark k

Get a real hot rod?

Isn't your fuel-cutoff 6800 rpm?
--
Tegger

hi , i told the guy that done the chip that i wanted these modifications done to the ecu :( also told him what boost i was running.....)
8 lb boost rev limit 8500 rpm 4800 rpm two stage launch vtech at 5850 rpm
100 octane fuel
and shift light at 7500 rpm .
mark k

Gee.... I hope you did more than just bolt on a turbo kit and mod the chip.
I know a guy who did that to an RSX and melted his pistons. Pretty much had to rebuild a brand new engine and voided his warranty.

There are boat load of things to do when you bump the compression via external forces. Let's take an extreme example. In the NHRA Top Alcohol are either blown methonal or injected nitro. Injected cars run 10:1 to 12:1, the blown cars might run as high as 8.5:1.
Lots of things need to be changed. I'm always amused by my friends who drag their F-Birds and talk about some hot shot who takes his turboed "rice burner" (yup, that phrase is still around) and drops the bottom end at about the 1000 ft mark. Or splits the tranny at the line.
You change everything at once or you will wind up changing things as they break. Weekly, most likely.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

Toby (Tri-Umph That's the Sweet Truth)