Tyre wear on Prelude

My 92 Prelude had a brand new set of tyres (tires) fitted when I bought it, and after ~25,000km (~16,000miles) the rear ones are almost bald and the front are still OK. Normally it's the front tyres that wear
quickly on front wheel drive vehicles, I thought. Could this be anything to do with the rear steering (it's a 4WS)? Thanks, Barry