Uh Oh - An Oil Thread

Page 2 of 2
Tegger wrote:

That sounds the most plausible explanation.
That said, I always use assembly lube when rebuilding an engine and just plain ol' engine oil to coat the rings prior to installing the pistons into the block.
Of course, I'm only fiddlin' with "old school" machinery including the Gen II Civic engines...
JT

ahhhh.... ya gotta love a good oil thread.