Unexpected problem after repair

97' Honda Accord LX, 4cyl.... I just had my timing belt, water pump, value cover gasket and other major belts replaced at 170K (sec belt) by a local Honda dealer. The dealer also recommended having my spark plug wires be replaced because oil had been getting them soaked. Now when I drive the car, I hear chatter noise from the valve cover area. I've never heard this noise before. I assumed the noise is coming from the engine values. I also checked the oil level and it looked ok. I've only owned this vehicle for 4 months and never had a problem. Could something have gone wrong with my repair? Any help is greatly appreciated
Reply to
owinfrey

--------------------------------

When do you hear the 'chatter'? Only when you punch it at highway speed, or only with COLD engine?

Tell us lots more. Does it run better / worse than before?

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Reply to
owinfrey

bro-in-law has the same issue with his 99 civic. I assume improperly (too tight) tensioned belt, but have not verified. I suppose it could be too loose, cause the belt to knock against the t-belt cover at accelerating speeds.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com

Please describe what you mean by chatter. Is it a bit like that kazoo noise that 'custom' exhaust systems make, or like a running a stick along a fence? Have you tried to determine where it comes from while a friend pushes the gas?

Feel free to use extra paper.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'