Unexpected problem after repair

97' Honda Accord LX, 4cyl.... I just had my timing belt, water pump, value cover gasket and other major belts replaced at 170K (sec belt) by a local Honda dealer. The dealer also recommended having my spark plug
wires be replaced because oil had been getting them soaked. Now when I drive the car, I hear chatter noise from the valve cover area. I've never heard this noise before. I assumed the noise is coming from the engine values. I also checked the oil level and it looked ok. I've only owned this vehicle for 4 months and never had a problem. Could something have gone wrong with my repair? Any help is greatly appreciated
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

--------------------------------
When do you hear the 'chatter'? Only when you punch it at highway speed, or only with COLD engine?
Tell us lots more. Does it run better / worse than before?
'Curly'
Thanks for the reply. It runs about the same. I cam hear the noise more during acceleration and less when idle. It doesn't matter whether it's hot or cold I've heard the noise on first start of the day and while driving after 20 miles or so.
'Curly Q. Links' wrote:

bro-in-law has the same issue with his 99 civic. I assume improperly (too tight) tensioned belt, but have not verified. I suppose it could be too loose, cause the belt to knock against the t-belt cover at accelerating speeds.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Please describe what you mean by chatter. Is it a bit like that kazoo noise that 'custom' exhaust systems make, or like a running a stick along a fence? Have you tried to determine where it comes from while a friend pushes the gas?
Feel free to use extra paper.
'Curly'