Unofficial FAQ: Brake Master Cylinder update

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/mastercylinderreplace/index.html
This one was a tremendous amount of work. Please report any mistakes or omissions.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
TeGGeR® wrote:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/mastercylinderreplace/index.html
This one was a tremendous amount of work. Please report any mistakes or omissions.
-- TeGGeR®
The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ www.tegger.com/hondafaq/ -------------------------------------------------------------- Very complete. You have put a lot of time and energy inot these FAQs. Thank You!
We I bought my Celica shee needed a new master cylinder. And the deal called for me to remove her imediatly. I had to really stomp the pedel everytime I had to stop or slow down. It was a way too exciting 20 mile drive home. A friend was picking up a "new" (rebuilt) master cylinder and it took all of 30 minutes to change the cylinder and fluid. He had a vacuum pum that amde changing the fluid almsot fun. If I had known how easy it would hav been, I would have arranged to do the work before driving the car. It was one of the most foolish things I have ever done. I was very lucky!
Terry
Add pictures here
âś–
strange that the dealer wanted 350$ for a new unit. I had mine changed on my vigor yesterday. Parts were 228$ plus 200$ labour. The integra part looks exactly like the one I have on my car.
TeGGeR® wrote:
[...]

Was this $228 part new or remanufactured?
The $350 (Cdn) one was brand-new, and came with a new reservoir and cap.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
brand new and came with the reservoir and cap. I have the old one back.

Add pictures here
âś–
The price difference after the US/CDN conversion isn't that large... $280 vs $350 = 20% off.
Mike

Add pictures here
âś–
This is CAN$, not US

Add pictures here
âś–

âś–

It looks like a tremendous amount of work, especially with the photos for the pushrod adjustment. But it's worth it - the amount of detail and "don't make this mistake" in there is fabulous.
Mike
Add pictures here
âś–