update on emergency brake warning light

Page 2 of 2

Hi Tegger--the only thing I know so far is that there is nothing wrong with the brake system (fluid, switch, wiring etc). When i tried to start it this morning, it wouldn't--it felt & sounded like a dead battery, even though my battery is 1 1/2 yrs old. After about the 7th try, it started. Coincidently or not, my battery died last week, but I had left the lights on for about 20 minutes & even then I didn't think the battery would run down after such a short period. I got a jump & it was fine until this past weekend-that's when the brake warning light came on,
What are other symptoms of a bad alternator? It hasn't been put in yet, so I can call him first thing in the morning if I have other options. Thanks again so much for your interest loner

Under or overcharging, mostly. http://www.uuhome.de/william.darden/carfaq5.htm#voltage
Your guy ought to know how to test the battery and charging system. It's SOP for any good garage.
How did you check the brake light circuit? Did you try unplugging the wiring at the master cylinder cap?
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

To be honest, I'm very intiminated because of my lack of car knowledge, so I didn't do anything myself. The emerg.brake light warning was the initial problem, but today the brake warning light did not go on. Instead, I just couldn't get the engine to turn over-sounded like a dead battery, but I knew that couldn't be it-it's new I don't know if the brake switch was checked--it seems that because it took 7 tries to get it started, the brake warning light may have just been a symptom of something else, so they turned their attention to the starting problem. I'm sure they'll check the things you mentioned--those things weren't checked today because they ran out of time, so I left the car there to be worked on tomorrow. I am making a list of all things you all have mentioned so I can specifically ask them about each one. I do trust them, even though I just recently moved up here in the Sierras,but they seem up front & reasonable Next update tomorrow! Thanks! loner