Used Civic

Greetings folks! I'm looking into buying a car can came across an auction. I'm really not sure about this method of buying. Can any of you share any car auction experiences? Whether good or bad, I'd like to
hear/read from you. Another thing, I've noticed some vehicles have salvage titles, if I'm not worrying about reselling, do you thing it's a big deal?
--
Japking
Message origin: TRAVEL.com
On 9/30/2010 7:25 PM, Japking wrote:

May not be insurable for loss.
I can't post links, but this is the one I'm interested in: easyexport.us/carfinder/vehicle/SALVAGE_TITLE_2007_HONDA_CIVIC_15167210/?a_aidL054bdec9d5b
What do you folks think?
--
Japking
Message origin: TRAVEL.com

There's a guy locally who makes a living charging a flat fee to go and acquire auction cars for you, using his license.
It usually works out well.

When I was a kid I used to run cars to an auction in Bordentown PA....they are usually cars that dealers deem for whatever the reason to not put on their used car lot (age, doesn't show well, etc). As with any used purchase, some of them were quite good vehicles, though YMMV.
Buying at the auto auction is a gamble every time. I tell people all the time if you aren't willing or able to work on the car don't buy it from a auction.
--
Airport Shuttle

'' (http://www.yourcityride.com )