Used engine from dealer

Page 2 of 2
Tony Hwang wrote:

yes, there's loads. just google "jdm used honda engine".

If you put a used engine in the car the dealer or insurance company most likely bought it from a junkyard/recycler. Usually the bill for that motor will have the VIN the motor came out of. That is, if it's a reputable junkyard/recycler. Ask the dealer if he has the VIN number. If you get that then do a VIN background check such as Carfax or AutoCheck. If you need a referral or place to get a remanufactured motor try Howard Engineering, http://www.hecreman.com / I'm sure your dealer is aware of them. They are one of the most reputable engine/transmission rebuilders you'll find. They were THE source, a few years back, when Honda did not have reman transmissions of their own. They offer 3 year 36000 mile warranty and longer. They specialize in Honda/Acura and from what I've heard use only OEM parts in their rebuild. Good luck. Howard

interesting that a guy named Howard is recommending a company named Howard Engineering....
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik