Used Pilot?

Page 2 of 2
(LT)

---------------- Consumers rates them close. but rates the 05 lower than the 06 in electrical system and climate control. They do rate the 06 lower for squeaks and rattles.... thx LT
LT wrote:

Don't know anyone here that's had problems with the 2006, and my wife put over 60,000 miles on the 2005 we bought at year end about two years ago with only a single problem...
She described a problem with the air conditioning, where the air wasn't as cold as it used to be, with a corresponding "noise" over near the glovebox. The local dealer (clearly a bunch of Putzes) took the vehicle in and changed out the "cabin filter" which sits behind the glovebox. Of course, no help for the described problem. Once I finally had time to look at it, I found the little motor that moves the arm that controls the air distribution (Not sure what it's called, perhaps the "damper motor") was malfunctioning. When she changed from defroster to air conditioning (central vents) the motor might move the arm a bit, but then it would just jitter between two small steps. I took the motor out and determined there was a "comb" that didn't make contact with a pattern on a gear, and as a result, the motor couldn't verify it's movement.... A minor bend to the comb make it work just fine for about 5000, and has since required another adjustment to keep it working. The local dealer representative (already described as Putz) didn't respond to the original complaint by debugging the actual problem, only swapping in a $100 filter and hoping the problem would go away... As I find this typical with most dealerships (I once worked as a Chrysler line mechanic in the mid 70's and was the troubleshooter for return problems, so this isn't a surprise to me), I'm not particularly surprised, but given everytyhing else on this vehicle has been perfect, it's too bad that dealerships haven't changed in the last 30+ years....
I wouldn't have a qualm with either the 2005 0r 2006, but given you state you drive only 10 miles a year, I'd just call a limo, save the bucks and have a great time instead. Hell, if I drove under a thousand miles a year, I could have a limo at my beck and call for a whole lot less than my insurance costs alone, let alone the cost of purchasing and maintaining a vehicle... (and I live in the sticks, over 25 miles from the nearest "town"...)
--Rick