Very Strange Problem with 92 civic

I have a 1992 Honda Civic DX with Auto trans. From time to time when it sits for about 8 hours in a sunny spot when its about 70-75F outside it will not start. The starter will just crank. If I proceed
to remove a spark plug it will start and run on 3 cylinders. I shut it off, put the plug back, and it starts and run perfectly on all 4 cylinders. This has happened 3 times now and I don't have a clue why. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks Paul.

have you replaced/resoldered the main relay? It has a history of temp related intermittents.It probably cools down while you are messing with your plugs. see www.tegger.com (the relay runs the fuel pump;without enough fuel pressure,the fuel injection doesn't work,motor doesn't run)
Why are you pulling a plug and trying to start it on 3 plugs,anyways? What's that supposed to show?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I was pulling a plug because the first time it wouldn't start I thought maybe I wasn't getting spark, so I pulled the plug and hooked it up to the wire to see if the plug would fire, and to my surprise the car started. But now that I know what the problem is I wont continue to do that.
Paul wrote:

Good idea, Paul.
Meantime, until you get it resoldered, you can put the ignition switch in position II and smack the dash on the left side of the steering wheel (if you're in North America). You'll hear the fuel pump run for two seconds and then you can start the engine. Filling the car with party ice will accomplish the same thing, but takes longer.
Resoldering is fine, and will probably outlive the vehicle.
'Curly'