Vibration felt when applying brakes, 2000 TL

When I apply the brakes on my TL especially at highway speeds I get vibration and some steering wheel shake. Doesn't happen without applying the brakes. Classic sign of warped rotors I reasoned. However, I checked all 4
wheels with a run-out gauge and even the worst is within a couple of thousands. Pads are OK. Now I'm out of ideas!
Help!

http://www.babcox.com/editorial/bf/bf100326.htm
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
What FAQ?. You can tell I'm new here! Thanks, that really, really helps
ron

Ron Jones wrote:

re-torque the front wheels. re-tighten with 2 or even 3 stage torque, 1324-1324 for 4 lug or 13524-13524 for 5 lug. try and have each wheel off the ground for stage 1. do NOT allow a garage to use an air tool. ever. google this group for explanation.
Ron Jones wrote:

Did you check runout on the disk or on the wheel? You need to be checking the disk, not the wheel.
My bet is that you need new front rotors. My '03 Accord developed warped rotors. I changed the pads and had the rotors turned, and within 100 miles the vibration was back. I hand tighten the wheels with a torque wrench every time they were off the car.
Now with new Brembo stock configuration rotors my brakes are once again smooth. Just did 1,000 miles of mountain driving in the past 10 days ... boy was it nice to have proper brakes again.
In the case of my vehicle there was some kind of a factory defect in the rotors which was causing them to warp rapidly. Dealer said that after 12,000 miles they would not do anything about it under warranty.
John
TeGGeR's url http://www.babcox.com/editorial/bf/bf100326.htm
tells the whole story! .
The runout spec (at the rotor) for the TL is a generous .004" and mine were within that. Replacing the front rotors fixed it though. I just hope it stays fixed. rj