voltage fluctuations?

I've been noticing what I'm guessing is the result of some kind of voltage fluctuation. At first the only symptom of this was when I was driving highway speeds at night the lights (headlight and dashboard)
would kind of flare up a little brighter intermittently. More recently I noticed the AC fan doing the same thing. I only noticed that while parked with the fan on high.
Anyone have experience with this before? Ideas?
the car is a 98 Civic LX AT with only 53,000 miles.
Thanks.
Kevin Van Sant wrote:

ELD is the term you need to search for. It has been discussed in the last few days. Poke through these TSB's, just for kicks too:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/civic/index.html
'Curly'
Kevin Van Sant wrote:

I just had exactly the same symptoms on our 2003 Accord. In our case the dealer replaced the fuse box to replace the embedded Electronic Load Detector which had failed. I have no idea if the same thing applies to your '98 Civic.
John

I must have missed the discussion. What in the world does the ELD do, anyway?
Mike
There is a service bulletin which describes your symptoms and points to the voltage regulator. I've sent you a copy by direct email.
John