voltage fluctuations?

I've been noticing what I'm guessing is the result of some kind of voltage fluctuation. At first the only symptom of this was when I was driving highway speeds at night the lights (headlight and dashboard) would kind of flare up a little brighter intermittently. More recently I noticed the AC fan doing the same thing. I only noticed that while parked with the fan on high.

Anyone have experience with this before? Ideas?

the car is a 98 Civic LX AT with only 53,000 miles.

Thanks.

Reply to
Kevin Van Sant

ELD is the term you need to search for. It has been discussed in the last few days. Poke through these TSB's, just for kicks too:

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

I just had exactly the same symptoms on our 2003 Accord. In our case the dealer replaced the fuse box to replace the embedded Electronic Load Detector which had failed. I have no idea if the same thing applies to your '98 Civic.

John

Reply to
John Horner

There is a service bulletin which describes your symptoms and points to the voltage regulator. I've sent you a copy by direct email.

John

Reply to
John Horner

I must have missed the discussion. What in the world does the ELD do, anyway?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee