VSS diagnosis?

91 Accord, 301,000kms, 5 speed

The online manual I use (honda uk) is missing the VSS diagnosis pages.

Well, my speedo has turned intermittent. Phooey. Anything else that might cause it, besides a lousy connection at the VSS?

Anyone know how to diagnosis the Vehicle Speed Sensor?

Thanks

SteveB

91 EX-R, mostly stock...mostly. CB7tuner.com Ver.2 short/quick shift, Wheelskins wheelcover, Infinity 605CS/692.5, Infinity 12" sub powered by MTX, JVC MP3, shiny-ass mesh grill, Krazy Kandy Koloured Kam Kover, Energy Suspension engine mount, new clutch, Magnaflow cat-back, KYB GR-2's, AEM CAI, CM 1.5" springs, Royal Purple Syncromax, Falken 512/205-55's, Neuspeed strut bar, S/T sways
Reply to
Steve Bigelow

think that speedo is cable driven on that model, so if it's intermittent, the connection must be loose/failing.

if your accord is like my civic, to test the sensor, you need to take out the cluster & put a meter across the output terminals while you rotate a matchstick in the speedo drive. you'll get conduction & break as the match rotates.

Reply to
jim beam