VTEC question

Is VTEC always stamped in to the valve cover to identify a VTEC engine? I'm looking at a 1995 Accord LX Sedan, 4 cylinder but not sure if it's a VTEC or not. (The VTEC logo isn't stamped into the valve cover.)
thanks, Tom
The following imply the 1995 Accord LX 4-cylinder is NOT vtec.
http://www.rpmrons.com/HondaRods.html
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?idy7528&postid 81838
http://www.superhonda.com/tech/honda_engine_codes.html
Double check by the number stamped on the engine. It should be F22B2 for tne non-VTEC.
The EX version is VTEC, and should have F22B1 stamped on it.
When the engine is VTEC, you're right that "VTEC" is stamped on the valve cover.
(At least one online parts site, Majestic, doesn't have an accurate drawing of the valve cover of th LX, incorrectly showing VTEC stamped on it. The valve cover part numbers are different for the EX and LX, though. Not the first time I've seen little inaccuracies in its parts drawings.)

THe 1994 through 1997 generation of Accord were all very similar except for a few minor body trim updates in the 96-97 years. In that generation only the EX model of the 4 cylinders has a V-Tec motor in it. The LX was not V-Tec. Howard