Warranty extension

It looks like a lot of us suddenly have a longer warranty -- or we will, when the dust settles.
Not a huge issue, but Honda was sued by a few people claiming that the
odometers of many Honda & Acura products were overstating the distance driven, thereby reducing the actual mileage available under warranty. It's a class action suit, so anyone who bought or leased a Honda or Acura (new) between April 13, 2002 and November 7, 2006 gets 5% added to the mile limit of their warranty.
For most of us -- the 36/36,000 people -- that adds up to a whopping 1,800 extra miles of warranty.
No admission of any odometer problems by Honda. Just a little extra warranty. I've never noticed any problems with mine...

If the odometer was reading incorrectly,then the speedo should also be inaccurate.That's how the odo reads miles,isn't it?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Robert Barr wrote:

Hmmm, I have always wondered why the trip computer portion of our 2003 Accord's factory navigation system always shows an ever so slightly shorter distance traveled than does the trip odometer. I normally reset the trip odometer at ever fuel fill-up and the navigation computer does so automatically.
Nothing which really worries me, but interesting anyway!