Warrenty Question

My brother was just at the honda dealer to get his 16000KM service. He said he just wanted the oil change, done, and none of the "visual inspections".
They said if he does not get the visual inspections done, it will void his warrenty, and they will put that right in his file that his warrenty is void. He said fine, I will go somewhere else that is cheaper and get it done. They said that would also void his warrenty, that the work has to be done at honda.
Is any of this true, or is the guy just trying to make more money

The guy is lying.
You no doubt have a national law regarding warranty that backs this up. We do, in the US.
You should contact your national Honda distributor (in the US it's American Honda Motor Manufacturing; not sure about where you are) and report this.
I live in Canada, we phoned Honda Canada, and they said yes, you have to go to Honda for all maintanence, if you go somewhere else your warrenty is void.

Steve Bigelow wrote:

Yes thats what I thought, but they said if its not a Honda tech ( usually a 16 year old with no real training) working on your car, they could mess something up and cause more problems. So you have to stay away from journeymen mechanics who don't know what they are doing, and stick to their "Honda Techs". Man honda service sucks.

And who exactly told you this?

well, he's not lying about the work having to be done, but he is lying about it having to be done at the dealer.

So if I don't get a "visual inspection" of my breaks at 16000KM my warrenty is void?