Washer fluid

is there a recipe for washer fluid that can be used instead of paying 2 dollars a gallon for the store stuff. I know some can damage hoses and pumps.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

Just how much of the stuff do you go through in a winter?
None of it damages hoses and pumps.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

If and when the temperature is above 32 deg F, I dilute it with water 1:1 ratio (50% water and 50% washer fluid) to stretch it.

Then you know something that no one else knows or is willing to sound foolish saying out loud. {;^)
If you're paying only $2.00 a gallon for the windshield washer fluid, you're not buying a very high quality product.

It's all the same stuff.
All I've ever done for 25 years has been to buy the cheapest I can find regardless of brand. It goes on sale regularly at numerous places, sometimes for as low as 99.
No matter where I buy it, it all works exactly the same. (Provided you're buying the same temperature rating, that is...)
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

Hi, Not really. Cheap one will slush when it's very cold.

You're referring to summer "bug wash". Not the same stuff.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

But if your neighbor is using the cool looking orange stuff, you *have* to use it too. ;)
wrote:>>

I like the green stuff myself. The blue stuff is boring.
How come nobody color-coordinates washer fluid? Think of the increased sales to women. Pink, anyone?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger ( snipped-for-privacy@tegger.cm) writes: